9.22.2009

home fries.

No, unfortunately I'm not talking about this cinematic gem. I'm talking baked-in-a-skillet sticks of sweet potato slathered in the dreamiest fixins I could find in my fridge.

Thus
  • 1 sweet potato, cut up all fry-like
  • 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 3 wands (rods?) of scallion, diced
  • a handful of cashews
tossed with
  • 2ish TBSP olive oil
  • chili powder
  • sea salt
  • ground pepper
  • fresh cilantro and shredded gouda-parrano (after cooking)
cooked in a cast-iron skillet at 450F for about 45 minutes (checking and re-tossing occasionally)

became:


There was only one small hiccup:

Nice second-degree burn, dumbass. Now it looks like I have ring worm. And all because I didn't double-wrap my superheated skillet handle. Sigh.

I also went all Julia Childs--literally--and made my own mayonnaise from scratch (see it here but halve the recipe). Then I made it into a spicy aioli by adding a ton of Sriracha.

Poverty never tasted so good.

Until we eat again,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment