I LOVE HALLOWEEN.
Especially pumpkin carving.
Behold, my creations:
Cantankerous ole cultivar carcass
My beau's homage to Evil Dead
And the pièce de résistance:
my beloved Harry Potter pumpkin!
My nerdiness knows no bounds...
But no carving session is complete without a proper snack. (And nothing's more fun than sloppily eviscerating a gourd-like object and harvesting its contents.)
Here's how to roast the best pumpkin seeds this side of the river Styx:
1 pumpkin's worth of seeds, rinsed and de-gooped
1/4 C Earth Balance (or even better: butter), melted
Finely ground Pink Himalayan Salt or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse your plethora of seeds in a colander under cold water.
- Discard any orange goop/pumpkin guts. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Get your melted Earth Balance situated in a nice big bowl.
- Add pumpkin seeds. Coat well with buttery goodness.
- Transfer seeds to parchment or foil-covered baking sheet. Slop on any leftover Earth Balance. Waste not!
- Sprinkle liberally with salt. (I'm obsessed with my pretty pink Himalayan salt, but sea salt is equally divine.)
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove, stir seeds around, rotate pan, and bake 15 more minutes.
Snack on, you pumpkin-sculpting fiend, you!